LIME STONE COBBLE
Limestone Cobble have been used to build numerous iconic and day-to-day hardscape structures, with some of the oldest ones still standing fully intact until today. From town halls, banks, train stations, post offices – even statues and sculpture pieces . Cobbles made of limestone are generally used today as flooring surfaces but it’s still possible to see large structures these days that are made of such materials
it’s possible to have highly specific cuts and shapes upon simple processing. Limestone also comes in various color shades, making it ideal for use in projects that require a great deal of customization. The limestone colors include Black, gray, blue, brown, yellow & pink . Meanwhile, the available shapes are rectangle, square, circular, oblong, and hexagonal. Among the possible patterns to create are vertical, Herringbone, basket weave, running bond, spiral, circular, and horizontal. The careful mixing and matching of various paver colors and shapes can provide a truly unique and exciting design outcome that can make anyone’s property stand out and merit admiration from onlookers.
Limestone Cobbles are used for dozens of decorative and practical applications, such as:
- Walkways and pathways.It’s not every day that one can see pathways and walkways that are absolutely attractive. But with limestone, you can turn these areas into elegant structures.cobbles made of premium limestone are prized for their decorative features.
- Courtyards and patios.For those who don’t want to settle for the typical patio and courtyard, going for limestone as a dominant surface or flooring solution is the way to go. The dozens of available designs, patterns and shapes can altogether make for truly exceptional and aesthetically superior outdoor living rooms.
- For property owners with discriminating taste and won’t settle for anything less than extraordinary, limestone cobble are the perfect option. They are durable, easy to maintain, and very attractive.
- Pool decks.The area surrounding the pool can be made truly attractive by using limestone cobble. They are commonly used as pool coping materials.
- While not as common as marble and granite, countertops made of limestone are in use in some homes and business establishments like restaurants. They are preferred for their decorative merits.
- Fire features.Limestone is also a good material for fire features like fireplaces and fire pits.
- Interior flooring.Cobble made of limestone can be used as flooring solutions for your interior areas like bathroom, kitchen, dining room, and hallways.
Limestone pavers are also extensively used in commercial applications particularly in hotels, shopping malls, hospitals, train stations, airports, and parks.
More and more residential and commercial property owners today are discovering the benefits that sandstone Cobbles can offer. This is not surprising given that such benefits have been enjoyed by countless property owners for well over a hundred years now.
Among their most well-loved benefits is their hard-wearing nature. Cobble made of sandstone are known to retain excellent condition despite prolonged exposure to water. They are also economical, since it would take decades before they ever need replacement. They are likewise very easy to install, and can thus be transformed into various flooring surfaces within hours or after a few days. In addition, they require very simple cleaning efforts and can be maintained without costing a fortune.
Another sandstone cobble benefit is versatility. Builders, engineers, architects, and property owners may choose from a wide range of colors and varieties to suit their specific design and build requirements. They may pick from the available colors including sandy yellow, pastel blue, brown, red, cream ,beige, and Gray . They may also choose whether they want quartzite, greywacke, or arkosic sandstone cobble . The various design patterns for this type of cobble include stretcher running bond, basket weave, herringbone and interlocking patterns.
When it comes to versatility and range of applications, sandstone pavers are among the highly favored and preferred building materials by landscaping contractors and builders. They can be used to build the following:
Driveways. In the hands of qualified and experienced contractors, it’s possible to have stunning driveways that can last a lifetime without experiencing any major damage. Sandstone is a tough material, making it highly ideal for driveways with medium- to heavy-duty vehicle traffic.
- Patios. Property owners – residential or commercial – who are aiming for handsome patios that require very minimal maintenance should go for cobble made of sandstone. The wide range of colors allow for great design flexibility while sandstone’s innate structural composition makes it effortless to clean and maintain.
- Garden paths. Choosing sandstone cobble units over other paver types will provide you with beautiful garden paths that will entice leisurely walks to rejuvenate your mind and body.
- Balconies.Experience relaxing moments with your family and friends in your beautiful balcony made of elegant sandstone cobble .
- Pool coping/decks. Sandstone, being porous in nature, is perfect for use in areas that are constantly wet, such as pools. This particular property makes sandstone the choice of numerous builders, architects, landscape designers, and contractors.
- Wall cladding. It’s not unusual to see exterior walls plastered with exquisite sandstone cobble . It’s important to note that sandstone’s high resistance to damages caused by extreme weather changes makes it ideal for outdoor areas constantly exposed to such hazards.
- Retaining walls. Being inherently tough and durable, sandstone is also commonly used to build retaining walls in properties.
Steps/stepping stones. Whether they are placed in gardens or along walkways, sandstone cobble units are tested as ideal flooring solutions for such areas around a property.
Some of the most prized and highly preferred cobble materials by landscaping contractors, property owners, and stonemasons are Granite cobble . And this is not surprising at all, given the extraordinary properties of granite. It’s most important feature is arguably its permanence – among the world’s oldest structures and sculpture pieces are made entirely of granite. The ancient Greeks, Egyptians, and Romans all have built granite structures, some of which can be viewed up to now. Add to that the ease in maintenance and you have a truly valuable paving solution. Hence, it is the material of choice for anyone who wants a structure that remains intact for a lifetime.
Aside from exceptional durability, granite is also sought-after for its timeless beauty. For one, granite cobble come in white, gray, yellow, mauve, pink, crimson& black. You can also choose from various finishes to suit your specific aesthetic taste and needs – thermal, polished, honed, and diamond 8 and 10. Meanwhile, there are lots of exciting shapes and patterns to choose from, including basket weave, fan, cobble-lock, concourse and half-course square, herringbone, running bond, and others. Using the different cobble shapes, like circle, diamond, marquise, and geometric, it’s possible to create other patterns for optimum aesthetic lift.
Ultimately, this wonderful array of colors, patterns, and shapes allows for a great deal of customization. This is perfect to make a property stand out for its uniqueness and beauty. And while granite can be costly as compared to other paving solutions, the benefits that you can enjoy for decades can well compensate for its price. With the right contractor, your granite surfaces can give you a lifetime of service.
Granite cobble applications number to dozens, which is one factor why they are so loved by owners of commercial establishments and residential properties. Landscaping contractors and architects also highly prefer them for their excellent durability and aesthetic merits. Specifically, they can be used in the following applications:
- Pathways/walkways. Walk with a sense of security and privilege on walkways made of premium granite cobble.
- Rotunda. If your property has a rotunda, then using granite to accentuate it will make it more appealing to onlookers.
- Driveways. With granite being a tough cobble material, it can be used to pave driveway lanes. Granite cobble can withstand heavy loads and you can surely expect decades of service from your granite-paved driveway.
- Pool areas. With the right granite texture, you can expect to have a slip-proof pool area all-year long.
- Steps. You will surely feel absolutely regal as you walk over attractive granite steps.
- Garages. While poured concrete will do, wouldn’t it be nice to make your driveway more elegant and classy by using granite cobble for its flooring.
- Patios. Add a luxurious feel and look to your patio with granite. You can create practically any theme with the dozens of granite cobble colors, finishes, shapes, and textures that you can choose from.